Monday, January 28, 2013

Recipe :: No-Bake Granola Energy Balls

No-Bake Granola Energy Balls


Last week, a friend and I took the step to devote the next few months to the workout program p90x so we can get ripped! Just kidding, these wimpy noodle arms aren't going to be "swoll" anytime soon. Growing up my childhood best friend actually nicknamed me "Noodle," if that gives you any indication towards my body type. Regardless, after 90 days of p90x workouts, I guarantee you that I will be able to do a real pushup! Considering this intense workout program, I have also started to alter the food I eat in order to stay energized throughout the process. I've always been a hearty eater and I actually enjoy healthy foods like spinach, but I have one major problem…I have a terrible sweet tooth! I asked the dentist to remove it, but he said I have too many to pull. Therefore, a habit must be changed and the easiest way to change a bad habit is to find a healthier alternative!

I altered an "energy ball" recipe, of which most of us have heard of by now, thanks Pinterest. My variation provides the sweet munch, without a sugary punch (some other recipes have a ton more sugar). The best part about them? They're DELICIOUS! Seriously they can work as a pre-workout snack or as a substitute for a cookie-craving! The taste reminds me of the beloved no-bake cookie, but a much healthier version! 

No-Bake Granola Energy Balls


Ingredients

1 cup Regular or Oatmeal
1/2 cup Unsalted Peanuts
1/2 cup Natural Peanut Butter
1/3 cup Milled Flaxseed
1/3 cup Honey
1/4 cup Mini Dark Chocolate Chips
2 tsp Vanilla

Directions


Mix all ingredients well, press into balls. Enjoy at room temperature or freeze (I like frozen). 

Makes about 10 medium sized balls.

Enjoy!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments appreciated!