|Image from http://pastordoddsblog.com/|
Hello all! This is the very first post on my blog! I wanted to start it out with a Bible study on LOVE, that I had outlined from my study*. My faith in Jesus Christ is very important to me and is the reason why I am the woman who I am today. I think that whether you're a Christian or not, learning about love and how to love is beneficial to anyone.
- No fear-Trust in them
- Put them before yourself (serve)
- Love them even with their faults, not just their good. Even when they don't deserve it.
- Joy (not just connected to emotions) -this is built on commitment
- Patience -endure
- Relationship-one does something for the other that one can't do themself. Someone who gives up everything for you.
- The amount of your ACTS do NOT matter. Compared to the Cross, yours are NOTHING. DO NOT BOAST in your acts. Our boast is that God made us and Jesus saved us by the cross.
- Jesus gave all so we could have all
Bible Study to Follow:
- 1 John 4:7-21
Atoning sacrifice: the one who turns aside God's wrath, taking away our sin.
(Atonement: we're sinners & God is angry at our sin. Jesus took our place and was crucified for us. Jesus endured Gods wrath for our sin. Jesus caused Gods wrath to go away from us.)
-A sacrifice of atonement: a sacrifice that satisfies the righteous wrath of God
-1 John 2:1-2
There should be no fear because there is no punishment
- 1 JOHN 4:18 SUCH LOVE HAS NO FEAR, BECAUSE PERFECT LOVE EXPELS ALL FEAR.
Having no fear in a relationship is having a near perfect relationship.
- Romans 3:21-27
-A RIGHTEOUSNESS from God not based on works
2 Corinthians 8:9
- JUSTIFIED freely by His grace (Romans 5:1-11) -"just as if I'd never sinned"
-Grace: God's riches at Christ's expense
-Justification: cancels our debt of sin and credits us with righteousness
- RECONCILED to God through Jesus' death
-To put an end to hostility
-We were God's enemies, but He reached out to us
2 Corinthians 5:17-21
- Boasting is EXCLUDED
Galatians 6:11-16 (1 Corinthians 2:2)
1 Corinthians 1:26-31 no boasting in human wisdom
1 Corinthians 10:12-18 no boasting in spiritual experiences
1 Corinthians 1:17-18 the cross is the power of God to save (Romans 1:16)
Colossians 2:15-16 the cross strips Satan of His power!
- -The Gospel-
Christ, the only entirely righteous one, at Calvary took our sin upon Himself and endured the punishment we deserved, namely, death and separation from God. Thus, by a marvelous exchange, He made it possible for us to receive His righteousness and thereby be reconciled to God.
(Calvary: where Jesus was crucified)
THINK ABOUT THE CROSS & LET IT CHANGE YOUR LIFE
*Courtesy of Bible study at Ken and Lynn's