Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Cracker Crumb Chicken Delight

Cracker crumb chicken with sautéed garlic red potatoes and seasoned wild rice 


The other night, my husband and I had some friends over for dinner and while pondering what to make, I remembered something Paula Deen once said.

"You know it's a good recipe if it starts with a stick of butter."

Well…there I was, in the kitchen, on a Saturday night with a stick of butter, just trying to make a delicious meal for some friends. I wasn't about to serve a diabetes dish though, so I cut the stick in half – sorry, Paula.


I promise you though, cutting the butter in half didn’t compromise the chicken – it’s so delicious! I first made cracker crumb chicken a few years ago, when I was learning how to cook - scared to death of under-baking chicken and accidentally poisoning my boyfriend that I was head over heels for. Well…that boyfriend is now my husband, so apparently this chicken performs miracles too.

Another miracle is the fact that I love cooking – this is coming from the girl who would be perfectly content with a frozen pizza every night. The MRS. Degree may have a tiny factor in it, but I think the biggest factor (besides not being afraid of chicken anymore) is the fact that I have great “go-to” recipes AKA non-recipe meals. And I will tell you, this cracker crumb chicken recipe is so easy, it can become a non-recipe meal for you too!

While I would love to slave over a hot stove for hours for our dear friends, quick and easy gets the job done.


Cracker Crumb Chicken Recipe


Ingredients:

8 Boneless Chicken Breasts
1 ¼ Sleeve of Town House Crackers
½ Stick Butter
Garlic Salt
Onion Powder




Directions:

1.  Preheat oven to 360 degrees. Prepare the boneless chicken breasts by trimming off any fat.  Melt ½ stick of butter in the microwave. Crush all of the crackers, leave some coarsely crushed for topping.
2.  Dip chicken breasts, one by one, into the melted butter. Follow by sprinkling garlic salt and onion powder on each side of chicken.
3.  Press chicken breasts into cracker crumbs on each side, then place into ungreased 9x13 pan.
4.  Sprinkle remaining cracker crumbs on the top of the chicken in the pan.
5.  Evenly drizzle remaining butter over crusted chicken breasts.
6.  Bake at 360 degrees for about 35 minutes or until top is golden brown and chicken is cooked thoroughly.

Enjoy!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments appreciated!